Information and Data are some of the most important organizational assets in today’s businesses. As a Security Consultant, you will be a key advisor for IBM’s clients, analyzing business requirements to design and implement the best security solutions for their needs. You will apply your technical skills to find the balance between enabling and securing the client’s organization with the cognitive solutions that are making IBM the fastest growing enterprise security business in the world.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The start date for this position is June 2022 or later.
IBM Security is seeking highly talented candidates to fill our client-focused Cybersecurity Consultant role. We are in an era of advanced cybersecurity threats. These threats are persistent and continuously evolving. You need only read the newspaper to know how ever-present and sophisticated hackers are today. The attacks are increasing in complexity, and the impacts of security breaches on organizations can be devastating. Yesterday’s reactive security programs no longer equip organizations to approach security in a dynamic, strategic manner.
At IBM, our clients have security in mind, and your job is to help them get there. As part of IBM’s security team, you will work with teams and clients as they transform organizational security. We’re driven by more than just providing security solutions for organizations. We want our clients to succeed. IBMers can access our entire organization to develop original ideas that help clients create the world they imagine.
At IBM Security, we partner with Fortune 100 clients to deliver real value by:
- Bringing together the world’s largest consulting practice with industry-leading security research capabilities
- Enriching business consulting with advanced security research, analytics, and technologies
- Solving complex client challenges and providing holistic solutions that incorporate people, processes, and technologies to improve security posture
- Teaming on all phases of engagement to monitor, detect, plan, build, implement, and support advanced security solutions
- Establishing new, flexible, and iterative approaches that only IBM can offer through our unique combination of skills, experiences, and capabilities
- Providing our clients with an integrated approach to business design and execution, turning strategies into actions
What do we look for in a successful Cybersecurity Consultant?
- Initiative to actively seek new knowledge and improve skills
- Drive to overcome the most challenging obstacles and look for ways to improve results
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Demonstrated leadership and adaptability, with willingness to take ownership of any given task or project
- Ability to understand and assimilate different points of view, manage time, and prioritize work based on project needs and deadlines
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
Opportunities available across IBM Security practices, which may include Strategy, Risk and Compliance (SSRC), Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data and Application Security (DAS), Infrastructure and Endpoint Security (IES), Security Intelligence and Operations (SIOC), Managed Security Services (MSS), Cloud Security, X Force Red and Incident Response and Intelligence Service (IRIS). These are office-based positions in IBM locations, including the following.
Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled:
MA – Cambridge
TX – Austin
GA – Sandy Springs
NY- New York
For more information about IBM Security Services, please visit https://www.ibm.com/security/services
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Knowledge of IT Security concepts and fundamentals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge and/or experience with IT system administration or network administration
- Experience with Operating Systems – Linux/ macOS/ Unix / Windows
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP Network Fundamentals
- Knowledge and understanding of basic routing protocol fundamentals
- Experience with Basic network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Cyber Threat Analysis and IDS/IPS/SIEM Fundamentals
- Knowledge of Firewall Fundamentals and/or experience with Firewall administration and management
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- One or more professional certifications (CISSP, GIAC, GCIH, GSEC, GCIA, CEH)
- Knoweldge of forensic analysis, memory analsysi, and or malware anaysis
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.