Software Engineer I (SEI) will be part of a team of some of the best and brightest in the industry who are focused on full-cycle development of scalable web and responsive applications that touch our growing customer base every day. As part of the Labs team, SEI will work collaboratively with agile team members to review existing system functionality and to research and remedy issues as they arise, embodying a passion for continuous improvement and test-driven development. The SEI will report to the Manager of Software Engineering.
iCIMS is the talent cloud company that empowers organizations to attract, engage, hire, and advance the right talent that builds a diverse, winning workforce.
With an award-winning culture and multiple locations across the U.S. and worldwide, we foster and maintain an inclusive, inspirational, and innovative work environment. Together, we deliver technology that supports more than 4,000 contracted customers and a workforce of 30 million. As an organization, we are committed to our consistent growth, and we have a wide range of opportunities for career advancement. Come grow with us—apply today!
- Modify existing software applications
- Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems
- Develop scalable and reliable automated test frameworks
- Collaborates with agile team members in reviewing existing system functionality
- Contributes to the implementation of new features
- Using engineering best practices, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs
- Independently perform problem determination and resolution
- Consistently ensures that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behavior aligns with iCIMS’ policies, procedures, and core competencies.
- Entry-level. Prior internships during University, highly preferable
- Exposure to one or more of the following frameworks or libraries, such as: Hibernate and Spring, Reactjs and Redux, node.js
- Basic knowledge of Design Patterns such as Singleton, Factory, Adapter
- Exposure to automation software, such as Selenium Webdriver, Appium or related tools
- Proficiency in test design, test creation, test execution and defect analysis/root cause investigation
- Understanding of one or more best practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Understanding of Docker containerization, and knowledge of build and release tools such as, Jenkins and AWS elastic beanstalk.
- Awareness of software engineering practices, philosophies and techniques
- Awareness of Agile/SCRUM techniques
- Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, changing environment that is going through high growth
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, who can identify issues/opportunities and implement recommended solutions
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or other technical degree or 2 years of software engineering experience
iCIMS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Compensation & Benefits
iCIMS offers the following benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401(k), an open vacation policy, sick days, short-term disability, long-term disability, maternity/bonding and parental leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible savings accounts, paid holidays, life and AD&D insurance.