KPMG is currently seeking an Intern for our Audit practice.
• Develop an understanding of client-specific risks through review of financial results of the client, relevant external information, current business trends, and specific client transactions
• Learn to prepare clear, well-structured and effective audit documentation regarding our understanding of clients’ processes and business
• With appropriate guidance, execute and document testing of client controls and financial statement account balances with clear explanations of procedures and results using appropriate standards and terminology
• Support the execution of a high-quality audit through the diligent performance of assigned tasks and professional client and engagement team interactions
• Adhere to the Firm’s Values and Code of Conduct
• Pursuing Bachelor of Accountancy, Master of Accountancy, or equivalent program from an accredited college/university
• Pursuing minimum educational requirements for CPA licensure in state of employment (required before beginning full-time in Audit)
• Demonstrated quality service mindset and knowledge of technical accounting and financial reporting standards; knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Ability to navigate various computer applications, including MS Office(emphasis on Excel), and aptitude to quickly learn KPMG Audit tools and applications used by our clients
• Strong communication, time management, and relationship-building skills; able to employ sound professional judgement and professional skepticism; flexible and adaptable team player; and resourceful in delivering high quality work
• Work location may be in the office but will typically be at client sites, some of which may require travel and overnight/extended stay (varies by office).
• Target graduation dates: Winter interns from Summer 2021 through Summer 2022; and Summer interns from December 2021 through Summer 2022