The primary purpose of this role is to assist and support the administration of corporate income and payroll taxes, ensuring compliance with international, federal, state and local laws and regulations while minimizing the corporate tax burden of these areas through effective research, planning and process improvement. The position will have responsibility for managing, monitoring, tracking and reporting of various international, federal, state and local income and payroll tax compliance requirements. This position will also be responsible for oversight and timely filing of various state and local business licenses.
- Executes financial activities in a timely and efficient manner, with a focus on activities that require applying practiced knowledge of highly complex systems, business processes, tax and/or GAAP principles to unique situations.
- Prepares and evaluates reports to ensure accuracy of financial reporting and analysis. Performs complex analysis (i.e. historical, forecasting, impact, etc.) and reconciliations to support monthly, quarterly and annual closing cycles according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations, with a focus on areas that require understanding of complex GAAP and/or tax rules.
- Reviews reports, analysis and reconciliations prepared by Accountants and Senior Accountants to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting and analysis.
- Researches financial transactions across broad and various topic areas to identify complex issues and determine appropriate resolution independently.
- Manages projects/initiatives, working with and directing teams across Finance functions to deliver the best solutions to financial issues.
- Maintains appropriate supporting documents, provisions, and other details for accounting transactions and entries.
- Communicates effectively within the team, across other functions, and with external parties to ensure alignment.
- Partners with team and the business in order to identify transaction issues and procedure improvement opportunities to more-effectively support the needs of the Finance organization.
- Mentors and trains lower and mid-level accounting employees in the development of accounting skills, knowledge of key principles, regulations etc.
- Executes specials projects and resolution of non-reoccurring complex accounting issues within the respective area to deliver optimal solutions to financial issues.
- Works with external (regulatory and third party) and independent auditors for transactions to provide required data and information to ensure accuracy and alignment.
- Applies advanced concepts around internal control design and execution to assist with the design of internal controls over financial reporting to support SOX compliance.
• High School or GED
• Bachelor’ degree in Accounting or related field
• Master’s degree in Accounting
• Other CPA
• 5 years’ experience in accounting (public or private) or relevant experience
• 5 years’ pf demonstrated understanding of advanced GAAP concepts and financial controls (to apply this knowledge to the design and execution of activities within the respective area)
• 5 years’ advanced skills in MS office programs (Excel, Word, Access)
• 5 years’ Lowe’s accounting or finance experience preferred
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 17 million customer transactions a week in the U.S. With total fiscal year 2022 sales of over $97 billion, approximately $92 billion of sales were generated in the U.S., where Lowe’s operates over 1,700 home improvement stores and employs approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports the communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.
Pay Range for CA, CO, NJ, NY, WA: $46,900.00 – $78,200.00 annually
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. For information regarding our benefit programs and eligibility, please visit https://talent.lowes.com/us/en/benefits.