Start your career at Memorial Sloan Kettering and you’ll find yourself quickly making a difference in the lives of our patients. When you join us as a Care Coordinator I, you will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays an important role in the fight against cancer. Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of others? This is a life’s calling.
We are currently interviewing for our January training class.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with a team to meet shared objectives and goals
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and challenge yourself, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Passionate about working in a healthcare setting and committed to delivering a best-in-class patient experience
- Work as a member of practice staff team of Care Coordinators to ensure that each physician practice session is well-prepared, organized, and fully utilized and that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, family, and clinical team during the office visit
- Greet/check-in and orient patients to the outpatient visit and to the environment, as well as complete the patient visit by scheduling and coordinating all appropriate tests, procedures, visits, treatments and consultations in accordance with the physicians’ orders
- Bachelor’s degree
- A proven dedication to healthcare through work, internship, or volunteer experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with a positive demeanor
- Ability to provide at least a 2 year commitment
Hours vary between 6:15am and 10:00 pm (Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays). Schedules are provided one week in advance and flexibility between shifts is expected.