The Mental Health Providers of Western Queens, Inc. will be hiring 3 full time and 2 part time Prevention Specialists. Using evidence based tools and engaging cost-free programs, Prevention Specialists will work with schools and community groups to bring these programs to the families in Queens. The program’s goals are to strengthen individuals’ resilience, enhance their motivation to succeed, and help them to make well informed choices to delay and prevent the use of drugs and alcohol.
The Prevention Specialist will present an evidence-based curriculum (using a workbook) and interact with groups of students and parents, facilitating the discussion. The curriculum is designed to increase the individual’s resilience, self-esteem, conflict resolution and communication skills (and more). Training is provided. Qualifications include an interest in working with kids and families, good presentation and communication skills. The position is a great opportunity to learn about approaches to positive parenting, and helping kids heal from trauma.
Send resume to Fay. Radding@mhpwq.org
Deliver psychoeducational curricula (training will be provided) to youth and parents in educational (public schools) and other community settings, educational workshops and pro-social activities.
- Education: Associates or Bachelor degree (preferred), Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC), Certified Health Educator, Certified School Counselor, Certified Rehabilitation Counselor; Majors from the fields of education, social works, health sciences, psychology and others are welcome to apply.
- Experience in social work, education and mental health fields;
- Good public speaker, enjoys working with kids and families;
- Bilingual (Spanish-preferred, Mandarin, Hindi, Bengali);
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
To apply please email resume to Fay.Radding@mhpwq.org