The Center for Academic Excellence and innovation (CAEI) is seeking Federal Work Study student workers to work in person at each campus (Dobbs Ferry Campus, Bronx Campus, and Manhattan Campus) to assist with learning centers management and daily operations. This position will involve helping CAEI with various administrative responsibilities and front desk coverage. Work hours will be assigned within CAEI operation hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am to 5:00 pm in the learning centers.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Greeting students and visitors, and directing them to the appropriate tutor or staff member.
· Assisting students and tutors checking in/out of the EAB kiosk, be able to schedule, modify, or cancel tutoring appointments as needed.
· Handling incoming phone calls and other forms of communications, taking and delivering messages.
· Helping operating and maintaining CAEI/learning center common areas.
· Recording information as needed.
· Searching and entering information into databases.
· Other administrative duties as assigned
Skills and other specifications:
· Must work well both in a team environment and independently.
· Excellent verbal and written communications.
· Mercy Connect, EAB/Navigate, Blackboard, Teams, Zoom, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Phone skills.
In addition to this application, you may be asked to provide your current resume to the hiring manager. The Career Team provides templates of resumes at https://career.mercy.edu/channels/write-a-resume-cover-letter/ If you need assistance with your resume, contact CPD@mercy.edu