Summary of Position:
The Office of Student Life is seeking a self-motivated, reliable, and an organized individual to work with the Intramurals Coordinator position for the Division of Student Affairs. Intramurals Sports Student Workers will serve as part of the Student Affairs Team under the supervision of the Director of Student Life. They will assist with preparing the field/set-up, score keeping, refereeing and clean-up/storage of equipment.
Characteristics of the position
· Plan, implement and execute intramural programs.
· Collaborate with publicity coordinators to ensure that all intramural events are promoted in a unique way to maximize student attendance.
· Other duties as assigned
· To work independently and responsibly in a professional manner in the areas of programing and event development.
· To develop interpersonal skills when working with staff, students, and faculty.
· To understand the processes of Student Affairs as a functional area in higher education particularly the co-curricular experience of all students.
· Mature and responsible individual.
· High degree of professional ethics
· Office organizational and people skills.
· Computer skilled in web design.
· Background in program and event management
· Background in sports (playing, coaching, refereeing)
· Ability to be creative in the delivery of co-curricular programs.
· Basic statistics skill and knowledge of basic computer statistic program.
In addition to this application, you may be asked to provide your current resume to the hiring manager. The Career Team provides templates of resumes at https://career.mercy.edu/channels/write-a-resume-cover-letter/ If you need assistance with your resume, contact CPD@mercy.edu