The Mercy College Human Resources Office is seeking a student employee to assist with a variety of day-to-day human resources functions including survey dissemination, forms, and data collection and processing, filing, distribution of materials, etc. This is a great opportunity for a human resources and business major to gain experience working in an HR Office. Both on-campus and off-site work arrangements are available.
The federal work-study student will provide administrative support to the Human Resources Department.
Responsibilities and Duties (but not limited to):
- Upload files to respective Employee’s Personnel Profile in Xtender
- Assist with completion of Employment Verifications Requests
- Sign and Sort incoming mail and send outgoing mail
- Receive and screen communications including answering incoming calls, checking phone and e-mail messages, returning calls, and providing assistance using independent judgment to determine those inquires requiring priority attention
- Greet all incoming students and visitors. Ensure that all interactions are handled in an efficient and friendly manner
- Ability to listen carefully and attentively and encourage collaboration. Builds effective formal and informal communication channels
- Demonstrates flexibility in the acceptance and completion of work assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently Office experience a plus
Federal Work-Study eligible Human Resources Major or Business major preferred.
In addition to this application, you may be asked to provide your current resume to the hiring manager. The Career Team provides templates of resumes at https://career.mercy.edu/channels/write-a-resume-cover-letter/ If you need assistance with your resume, contact CPD@mercy.edu