Title: Technical Support and Audio Visual Assistant
Reports to: User Services Manager
Summary: Technical Support Specialists provide technical support, advice, and assistance to faculty, staff and students to resolve technical, hardware, and software system problems. Since specialists generally deal directly with end users, they must be able to effectively communicate in ways that end users can understand.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Provide specialized support for desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, audiovisual equipment, and instructional spaces; respond to helpdesk tickets.
· Perform advanced troubleshooting and repair of systems/devices; create documentation and update procedures.
· Leverage software tools to remotely connect to end-user systems and troubleshoot issues.
· Maintain accurate system inventory, documentation, storage, and security of equipment; obtain estimates for parts as required.
· Install or assist with the installation of hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and scanners.
· Prep end-user computers and apply pre-built images.
· Participate in audiovisual and other projects, as assigned.
· Assist users with hardware and specialized software applications.
· Periodically provide tier-1 phone support as needed.
· Monitor help desk inbox and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Work at scheduled events and meetings to provide assistance and technical support.
· Adhere to applicable policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
- The applicant needs to be willing to work rotational schedules including some evenings, Saturdays or Sundays.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIRED
- Have strong customer service skills
- Experience with help desk ticketing systems and customer service workflow
- Hardware/software troubleshooting experience in a Windows/Mac environment
- A pleasant and collegial personality consistent with the mission of a service-oriented unit
- Experience working in higher education preferred
- Relevant Microsoft certifications (Microsoft Desktop Engineer, etc.)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office / 365
- Experience supporting Windows 10 and Mac OS)
- Experience supporting tablets and related operating systems
- Experience supporting classroom-type technology (ex. PC Projectors)
- Experience troubleshooting user computer issues
In addition to this application, you may be asked to provide your current resume to the hiring manager. The Career Team provides templates of resumes at https://career.mercy.edu/channels/write-a-resume-cover-letter/ If you need assistance with your resume, contact CPD@mercy.edu