The Mav Market Assistant will be in charge of pantry operation during open hours. The Assistant will be working towards promoting food security in the Mercy Community by distributing nutritious foods and helpful resources to Mav Market Members. The assistant will be working 6-8 hours per week, with the possibility for extra hours. Student must qualify for Federal Work Study.
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate individual who is willing to give back to their community and eradicate hunger at Mercy.
- Proficient in Excel or Google Sheets, or willingness to learn
- Ability to interact with members
- Passion for promoting food security
- Love for empowering their community
- Positive, friendly, welcoming attitude
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
Student will receive training in:
- Logging in inventory
- Member check-in
- Basic food safety
- Volunteer management
- Social Service Referrals
Spanish-speaking capabilities a plus.
The Mav Market Assistant will report back to Mary Sherman, the Program Coordinator.
- Alternating Tuesdays (4:45 pm – 8:15 pm) & (10:45 am – 5:15 pm)
- Every other Wednesday (10:45 am – 5:15 pm)
Learn about the Mav Market on our website: https://www.mercy.edu/student-affairs/mav-market