The mission of the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) at Mercy College is to promote student learning and holistic development by providing intentional opportunities for engagement outside the classroom. Through its student employment opportunities, DSA supports students’ academic development, inspires personal growth, and fosters interpersonal connections and collaboration to prepare students as leaders for success in our diverse community and in their chosen career fields.
The student employed in this job opportunity, through assisting the DSA in achieving its vision and mission, should expect to gain practical career readiness experience in the interpersonal development areas of communication, organization, critical thinking and service excellence.
The Student Assistant for the Division of Student Affairs will directly assist the division by providing support with the assessment, events, commencement, and strategic and service excellence initiatives. The ideal candidate is motivated, has a positive attitude, great interpersonal skills, and willingness to jump in to help with any task. Specific job responsibilities include:
· Assist with program preparation and execution
· Prepare training materials for various training programs for students and staff
· Participate in commencement activities including preparing for the event and assisting on the days of commencement
· File and processing of necessary paperwork and other office management items
· Assistance in project completion for strategic initiatives
· Assist with managing and dispersing inventory for division
Note: This position is located on the Dobbs Ferry campus with optional opportunities to travel to other campuses periodically (not required).
In addition to this application, you may be asked to provide your current resume to the hiring manager. The Career Team provides templates of resumes at https://career.mercy.edu/channels/write-a-resume-cover-letter/ If you need assistance with your resume, contact CPD@mercy.edu