The Division of Student Affairs
The mission of the Division of Student Affairs (DSA) at Mercy College is to promote student learning and holistic development by providing intentional opportunities for engagement outside the classroom. Through its student employment opportunities, DSA supports students’ academic development, inspires personal growth, and fosters interpersonal connections and collaboration to prepare students as leaders for success in our diverse community and in their chosen career fields.
The student employed in this job opportunity, through assisting the DSA in achieving its vision and mission, should expect to gain practical career readiness experience in the interpersonal development areas of communication, organization, critical thinking and service excellence. DSA also offers the Building Lasting Undergraduate Employee (BLUE) Enrichment program for student employees to encourage reflection and integrative learning within and beyond the classroom.
Summary of Position
Working with the Campus Life team, Programming Assistants will staff the Bronx Campus activities office front desk, assisting students with all campus life related functions such as, signing up for trips, signing out games, answering events questions, etc. Additionally, programming assistants will help plan and implement programs on campus that enhance the student experience.
Position Responsibilities may include:
· Being the face of Campus Life at the activities office desk
· Helping monitor common spaces (student lounge, pool table) on campus
· Overseeing ticket sales for off-campus trips
· Assisting with any needs or inquiries in regard to Campus Life
· Planning of campus programs and events
· Conception of event and its logistics
· Working with publicity assistant to ensure that events have a clear marketing plan
· Creating a task list for events and shopping list of supplies needed
· Speaking with current students to find out what they need and want from programming
· Being engaged with the campus community
· Ensuring that the CampusGroups swipe system is being utilized to track event attendance
· Pulling attendance reports
· Event set-up and clean up
· Assisting with virtual programs, events, and activities may be required.
· General Student Life administrative duties
· Bronx Campus must be your primary campus
· Upbeat personality and focus
· Interest in event planning and programming
· A sense of campus pride and enthusiasm
· Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
· General knowledge of Google Drive functions
· Communication skills & willingness to engage with fellow students
· Ability to work efficiently
· Time Management
· Organization skills
All Student Life student staff members will undergo a thorough training in order to be brought up to speed on expectations of the office and of each other. Additionally, this training will introduce staff to systems used in the office such as Google Drive, CampusGroups, Canva, Microsoft Office, etc.
In addition to this application, you may be asked to provide your current resume to the hiring manager. The Career Team provides templates of resumes at https://career.mercy.edu/channels/write-a-resume-cover-letter/ If you need assistance with your resume, contact CPD@mercy.edu