· Maintain accurate student and program files.
· Maintain and update program forms as needed.
· Assist with recruitment of new students by sending out application and arranging interviews.
· Process student acceptance letters.
· Provide day to day assistance
· Assist with the mailing.
· Order and maintain supply stock.
· Work with program staff to prepare for summer programs.
· Maintain current student database, including addresses, phone numbers, and emails
· Perform daily receptionist duties.
· Assist with planning project activities, workshops and cultural activities.
· Assist with scheduling food or space for workshop activities.
· Assist with printing application forms.
· Perform other duties/projects as assigned
· Maintains confidentiality in the management of information
· Demonstrate written, verbal and interpersonal ability to deal with “customers”, supervisors, peers and subordinates as needed to do the job and resolve difficult situations
· Demonstrates excellence in customer service delivery
· Communicates and/or implements innovative ideas to proactively solve problems and develop the department/College.
· Demonstrates a willingness to develop the technological expertise required for the job
· Demonstrates respect for others inclusiveness that fosters cooperation and teamwork
· Is punctual and maintains a satisfactory attendance record.
· Is appropriately attired for the office
· Collaborates and cooperates with other employees and departments
· Takes initiative in troubleshooting and completing tasks. Seeks to learn and continuously develop self. Uses resources wisely and effectively.
· Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with clients, staff and other members of the Mercy College community.
· Answers telephones and emails in an appropriate, professional manner, and resolves problems in a reasonable time frame.
· Complies with policies and procedures of the Department and the College including the College’s Code of Conduct.