This job is for an Analyst/Associate role in Securitized Products Group (SPG) Trading. SPG is broadly involved in lending against, originating, and securitizing various assets including loans backed by commercial and residential real estate, automobiles and corporations. The focus of SPG trading will be in the areas of Residential Loans, Asset Backed Securities (ABS), Collateralized Loan Obligations (CLOs), Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities (CMBS) and Residential Mortgage Backed Securities (RMBS). Trading is primarily responsible for providing liquidity and making markets for Morgan Stanley’s clients.
- Generate trading ideas and analysis; support all aspects of the market-making trade execution process, from providing research analytics on trades to relative value analysis.
- Communicate and interact with other SPG team members including Sales, SPG Lending, Global Capital Markets and Syndicate (New Issue).
- Prepare daily risk reports and analytics to trading desk and SPG management.
- Build client trading relationships
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You must have, or be in your final year of completing, an undergraduate or Master’s degree
- If you’ve graduated, either 6 months to 3 years of experience in a finance or mathematical field (e.g. engineering) OR your degree is in a finance-related (e.g. economics, accounting, engineering, etc.)
- If you haven’t graduated you have a minimum 3.0 GPA and either you’ve had a finance-related internship OR your degree is in a finance-related field (e.g. economics, accounting, engineering, etc.)
- You possess strong oral and written communication skills.