The Associate Researcher I is a laboratory research position, responsible for independent conduct of routine and standardized experiments. This individual assists in the interpretation of research outcomes, performs assays to support research studies, and assists in the clerical and supply aspects of the laboratory environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized experiments using advanced research techniques specific to subject matter of the research project.
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting moderately complex results.
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results.
- Performs assays to support research studies.
- Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies.
- Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory materials and specimens for shipment.
- Assists in new and unexpected research experiments and techniques.
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in science or related field.
- 1-2 years of research experience.
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.