The college intern will be assigned to the Chief Officers office and will be involved in the activities of the subdivision. The tasks for the college intern will be determined based on the current needs of Field Operations Services and the skills and interests of the intern. The college intern will:
– Participate in developing, managing, and coordinating in-house and Capital Construction projects. Summarize and report status of capital and in-house construction projects.
– Review SD requirements for in-house and Capital Construction projects. Attend and report summary of project coordination meetings.
– Work with the Crew Assignment unit to analyze staffing and budgeting concerns. Document and summarize persistent crewing issues.
– Research issues that affect the effectiveness of platform conductors in the field.
– Conduct general surveys and inspection of employee facilities.
– Review SD safety procedures, and requirements. Review compliance with safety guidelines by Field Operations employees. Liaison with Subways Safety and Office of System Safety. Work with safety auditors.
– Create and maintain records and databases as required.
– Under the guidance of supervision may coordinate with other departments/divisions, vendors, and contractors.