DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A New York City Council Member is seeking an enthusiastic and efficient Community Liaison to coordinate outreach operations within the Council Member’s district.
The Community Liaison’s primary responsibilities will include:
- Represent the Council Member at community board, Precinct Council and New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) resident association meetings.
- Assist in planning of NYCHA quarterly meetings.
- Assist in planning of special events.
- Assist in the preparation of community meetings to address community concerns (gun violence, opioid crisis, etc.)
- Host constituent pop up services in the High Bridge and Longwood parts of district.
- Keep Council Member up-to-date on matters that require attention.
- Act as the liaison between Council Member and community stakeholders.
- Constituent services and intake tasks.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Exceptional communication and writing skills. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented. Previous experience in a community liaison-related position a plus. An interest in local government, and city issues highly desired.
SALARY: Commensurate with experience. Health coverage and excellent benefits package provided.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line: “Community Liaison”
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
THE NEW YORK CITY COUNCIL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER