DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Social Media Content Manager and Community Engagement Liaison is primarily responsible for establishing and driving a multi-channel social media communications strategy that promotes and supports the Council Member’s legislative portfolio and community-centric programs. The individual in this position will maintain brand integrity while creating consistent content, online campaigns and promoting pertinent programming to amplify community engagement efforts.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Strategize media planning with senior management for short- and long-term projects
· Draft content for social media related to breaking news stories and community incidents
· Execute and develop a multi-faceted online strategy to proactively pitch and arrange key messages to target audiences
· Design digital elements using Illustrator (personalized logos, branded graphics and charts, maps, icons and vectors to add onto documents/presentations).
· Create templates for general use (letterhead, awards, marketing emails through Constant Contact, etc.
· Monitor Instagram, Facebook, LinkTree, Twitter accounts for trending topics and online engagement.
A degree from an accredited college in Visual Arts, Media Arts, English, Journalism or Public Relations/Political Science is a plus; Two years of full-time experience in City government, public relations, journalism, advertising and/or agency work; Must be a highly-organized and innovative problem-solver possessing strong leadership, graphic design, and writing skills. Substantial knowledge and skills with social media and digital media strategy; Ability to pitch, develop and effectively communicate complex issues; Excellent working knowledge of brand management and communications applications.
New York City Residency Required within 90 days of appointment.