The Voice Communication Specialist, will use knowledge of Cisco Voice and Networking Technologies to ensure the successful delivery of VOIP solutions to our Agency. The candidate will be an integral part of our Telecommunications team, collaborating internally and externally, managing a large Cisco Voice infrastructure across various facilities on Rikers, Headquarters and our Borough commands.
• Oversight of global Cisco Call Manager infrastructure;
• Managing client VOIP on-boardings;
• Day to day management of VOIP infrastructure;
• Troubleshooting VOIP related support tickets.
Professional/vendor certification(s) in local area network administration that is required for the position to be filled. In addition, all candidates must have the following:
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, and two years of satisfactory full-time (not classroom based) experience in local area network and/or wide area network planning, design, configuration, installation, implementation, troubleshooting, integration, performance monitoring, maintenance, enhancement, and security management; or
2. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent and six years of satisfactory full-time (not classroom based) information technology experience of which at least 2 years must have been as described in "1" or
3. A satisfactory equivalent of education and/or experience equivalent to "1" or "2" above. Education may be substituted for experience on the basis that 30 undergraduate semester credits from an accredited college is equivalent to 6 months of experience. A master’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college may be substitute for one year of experience. However, all candidates must have at least one year of satisfactory (not classroom based) full-time information technology experience as described in "1" above.
Note: In addition to meeting the minimum Qualification Requirements: Incumbents may be required to update existing and/or obtain additional professional industry-standard certification(s) for current and future technical environments(s) in which they may be assigned to work, as determined by the employing agency.
• Excellent knowledge of multi-cluster Cisco Unified Communications Systems and extensive hands on experience implementing SIP trunks with external providers
• In-depth knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Contact Center Express
• In-depth Cisco networking deployment and support experience gained within a large enterprise or service provider environment.
• Excellent LAN/WAN fault diagnostic and troubleshooting skills, including in-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, SIP, DHCP, DNS, BGP, OSPF, VPN, IPSEC, GRE, MPLS, QOS, NATs and ACLS.
• A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking concepts.
• Solid understanding of virtualization and network integration with Vmware infrastructure.
• Experience with network monitoring platforms.
• Ability to prioritize and multitask.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Work with and be a part of collaborative team environment.
• Ability to support inter connectivity with legacy PBX systems