JOB TITLE: Strength & Conditioning Intern
REPORTING TO: Head of Sport Science
LOCATION: Orangeburg, NY
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit your resume and a 150–200-word cover letter outlining why you are interested in this opportunity and why your skills and traits make you ready to step into this role.
New York City FC (NYCFC) is excited to offer the opportunity to a successful candidate to join their Performance Department. As a Strength & Conditioning intern, you will play a pivotal role in supporting the delivery and enhancing the quality of strength and conditioning services within NYCFC’s First and Second teams. In line with NYCFC’s Performance Department philosophy the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting, and delivering when required, strength & conditioning services to NYCFC First and Second Teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist with set up and delivery of all First and Second team strength and conditioning activities
- Assist with set up and delivery of all First and Second team mobility, prehabilitation and pre-activation sessions
- Educated through NYCFC’s performance philosophy to design and deliver comprehensive strength, power, speed, agility and conditioning programs for individual athletes as designated
- Assist with all NYCFC performance testing protocols for the First and Second teams
- Assist with analyzing performance testing data
- Take on field warm-ups for Second team as required for your personal development
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Experience delivering strength and conditioning sessions to small and large groups
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to safely and effectively deliver programs and convey key messages to colleagues, players and coaches
- Knowledge of soccer/interest in sport
- An enthusiastic approach and proactive attitude
- Highly organized, with an ability to manage workload, prioritize and meet deadlines quickly and efficiently
- Detailed orientated
- Computer literate with an ability to assimilate new software & processes quickly
- Ability to get to CFA (Orangeburg, NY) and be able to commit to the full program (4 days per week, approx. 20-25hrs)
- Familiarity with some, if not all, of the following: Vald products (Nordboard, ForeceFrame, ForceDecks, Dynamo, Exxentric, Perch, KangaTech, Tableau
TYPICAL WORKING SCHEDULE:
Successful candidate will be expected to complete, but not limited to the following:
- 4 days per week at CFA (Typically Monday to Friday but varies based on season schedule)
- 8:30am – 2:00pm (approx 5.5hrs per day)
- Approx. 22hrs per week
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
- Prolonged periods of standing
- Must be able to lift 45lbs at times
- Ability to travel for business purposes
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays if the schedule requires
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Four complimentary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and most recently won the Campeones Cup in 2022 along with the MLS Cup in 2021. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/ .
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.