Founded in 2019, New York for Biden+Harris is a volunteer-led, grassroots, civic engagement group dedicated to mobilizing volunteers, voters, and donors across New York State to support the (re)election of Joe Biden and
Our Priorities Include:
- Activating voters & recruiting volunteers to take back NYS.
- Supporting the NYS Equal Rights Amendment ballot initiative & protecting reproductive rights
- Phone banking, text banking & postcarding into swing states
- Amplifying the accomplishments of the Biden+Harris Administration on social media
- Electing Democrats up & down the ballot in NYS and Swing States
- Supporting Democratic Clubs, neighborhood organizing groups,& affinity organizations with a common purpose
- Educating voters through virtual events with key Biden campaign surrogates &special guests
- Partnering with voter protection organizations to train poll watchers & actively protect the vote
- Sharing opportunities to host & participate in grassroots fundraisers
- Maintaining an active list of resources & trainings
- Providing opportunities for students and young professionals to become civically engaged
Position Overview &Requirements
This unpaid opportunity is open to high school and college students as well as recent graduates and young
professional interested in learning about public service, politics, advocacy, digital and traditional organizing, field operations, marketing, voter protection, election law, and civic engagement.
We are seeking Fellows and Interns with talent or interest in Graphic Design, Social Media, Communications, Marketing, Phone & Text Banking, Canvassing, Trainings, Organizing, Law, Voter Protection, and Project Management.
High School Students – minimum 5 hours a week including weekly 30 minute 1:1 call/Zoom with leadership mentor, participation on weekly leadership council Zoom at 4pm on Fridays, and various remote service/project hours. (Interns)
College Students/Young Professionals – minimum 10 hours a week including weekly 30 minute1:1
call/Zoom with leadership mentor, participation on weekly leadership council Zoom at 4pm on Fridays, and various remote service/project hours. (Fellows)
Interns and Fellows will be accepted on a rolling basis by term/semester or annual project/service plan.
Acceptance of this volunteer position includes a commitment to upholding the values of President Biden and our organization; acknowledgement that all information, communications, and data shared in hard copy of electronic format must be kept confidential and is not for personal use or public distribution unless authorizes by NY4BH in writing; and that you agreement to provide a set amount of volunteer project/service hours per week in exchange for a letter from our volunteer leadership council to confirm the completion of your project/service.