New York is powered by you! New York Power Authority is a team of over 1900 energy technologists, IT specialists, business experts, hydro engineers and other professionals leading the energy revolution. With state-of-the-art technology, advanced R&D, and a modernized infrastructure, we provide New Yorkers with clean, low cost, reliable power — and we are well on the way to becoming the first fully digital utility in the country. At NYPA, you will be empowered to think big, do good, and transform the energy industry. Apply today and see why Forbes calls us one of America’s Best Midsize Employers!
Conduct internal audit activities within the organization, including providing independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations.Internal audit is intended to assist the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Internal Audit is accountable for developing and implementing a risk-based internal audit plan, assisting management in complying with applicable internal control policies and regulations, and working with management to bring cost effective and efficient leading practices. Internal Audit has the authority to perform internal audit and consultative services, have access to necessary data when requested, obtain assistance of Authority personnel as needed. Activities may include audits of financial, operational, IT, compliance/regulatory, or strategic business functions and related risks and controls. May also include execution of special investigations/audits involving cases of fraud, waste, and abuse and/or ethical/regulatory complaints. Operate as ambassador and champion of the Internal Audit vision and strategy by demonstrating support and actively communicating with the audit team and the business.
– Evaluate key risks and internal controls, develop and/or review audit programs/risk & control matrices, benchmark financial and operational processes and controls, and participate in annual risk assessment activities.
– Perform testing procedures including detailed tests of controls including sampling/confidence levels, analytical procedures, Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAATs), to address risks identified.
– Identify/document audit observations, root cause, risk/exposure, and recommendations for improvement.
– Create high quality deliverables, document audit work performed and results by preparing work papers, narratives, and flow charts for audit areas in scope.
– Collaborate directly with clients and the internal audit team, participate in client discussions and meetings, and identify client concerns.
– Remain current on business and utility industry trends and NYPA-related strategic initiatives and share with the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge of COSO, GAAP, FERC, FASB and IIA standards, and basic understanding of IT general controls.
– Ability to plan, organize, manage time and deadlines, and execute assignments on large complex audits.
– Strong verbal, written, negotiation, and presentation communications skills.
– Ability to acquire, analyze and interpret large volumes of data to identify potential audit observationsand develop practical recommendations.
– Proficient inMicrosoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio .
Education, Experience and Certifications
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Minimum one year audit experience.
– Approximately 20% – 25% travel primarily within New York State.