Looking for intelligent and eager recent grads to join our phenomenal team! This is an excellent entry-level role for individuals interested in either a clinical or administrative medical career.
Customer Service Representatives (CSR) play a major role in the organization—we are the first point of contact that the patient or referring MD office may have with our organization—and our goal is to coordinate safe, comfortable, friendly, convenient, and high quality outcomes for our patients before arrival. We schedule many modalities (CTs, XRAYs, MRIs, etc.) for seven, soon to be eight, clinical sites. Our office is located in lower Manhattan. This is NOT a fully remote role. That being said, we are taking employee safety seriously and have rules in place for safe onsite work.
This is a full-time role (baseline workweek is 35 hours). Employees are expected to work evening and weekend shifts. We are looking for employees who can commit at least two years to this role.
Under direct supervision, is responsible for ensuring the efficient and accurate management of incoming communications and the scheduling of patient appointments, utilizing established protocols and procedures
- Coordinates calendars and schedules appointments and meetings. Prioritizes requests for meetings and coordinates the necessary arrangements for meetings.
- Answers incoming phone calls and inquiries. Routes calls and messages within the practice management system to appropriate staff.
- Adheres to “scripts” and protocols for responding to requests and questions.
- Exercises some independent judgment when dealing with patients and unusual or special requests; escalates complex or difficult situations.
- Schedules and/or reschedules patient appointments within the practice management system.
- Maintains general cleanliness and neatness of work areas.
- Ensures that facilities and equipment are in optimal and proper working condition
- Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographic and insurance information within the practice management billing system. If applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre-certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- Coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs as needed. May perform minor repairs if qualified and as needed. May advise on upgrades for performance enhancements.
- High school diploma required
- College degree strongly preferred
- Excellent data entry skills highly desired
- Working knowledge of Epic or other EMR system(s) strongly preferred
- Experience working in healthcare or a medical office strongly preferred
- Experience working in customer service/hospitalities strongly preferred
- Ability to speak languages other than English is highly desired: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Russian
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess outstanding customer services skills; compassionate, courteous, and helpful phone manner. Must be able to a tactful demeanor while handling a continuous stream of high volume patient inquires.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Standard office work; Role will require long period of time in a sitting position
- Possesses excellent work-related skills and the ability to apply them, while continually seeking ways to improve.
- Understands the need to be responsible for our own outcomes, and takes pride in delivering the best possible work product.
- Maintains a flexible and forward thinking approach to the way work is done.
- Appreciates and understands the connection between individual goals, departmental goals and the organizational mission.
- Maintains a team-oriented approach, and possesses the ability to cultivate positive and collegial workplace relationships.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics at all times.
- Approaches our job knowing that there are internal and external customers whose expectations we strive to exceed.
- Possesses the ability to facilitate the flow of information through effective written and oral communication.
- $24.86 an hour starting salary, with the potential for almost unlimited overtime
- Full Benefits (at low cost)
- Flexible hours and locations, with sites all over Manhattan, and a new one opening in Queens in early/mid 2022 (all easily accessible for Tri-State residents). Most of our sites run 7 days a week, 14 hours a day, so schedules can be built around employee needs
- Starting your career at a renowned organization
- Strong employees will receive letters of recommendation from Physician Leadership as they pursue their education in Medicine (Medical or Nursing School)
- A culture that strictly promotes from within
- Ability to learn how a healthcare entity is run, including operations, marketing, and finance