Under supervision, performs insurance verification and eligibility for patients scheduled for radiology imaging services. Ensures that pre-authorizations required by managed care companies are obtained on a timely basis and documented in advance of appointment. Notifies Practice Managers and Call Center in event pre-cert is not obtained in time. Heavy phone contact with managed care companies, patients, and referring doctors’ offices to obtain required information. Communicated with insurance companies and authorization agencies regarding any CPT code discrepancies. Required to contact patients prior to appointments if there any insurance/authorization issues that may impact coverage of services.
Highly Desired Requirements:
-2+ years in the medical/insurance verification field
– Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree
– One year experience obtaining and verifying pre-authorizations with various Managed Care Companies
-Experience working in a Radiology office or department.
– Excellent data entry skills and working knowledge of IDX, EPIC, or Medicalis.
Skills and Abilities:
– Ability to work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
– Adaptable team-player.
– Outstanding customer service skills; compassionate, courteous, and helpful phone manner.
– Well organized and detail oriented with excellent follow up skills.
-Ability to maintain a tactful demeanor while handling a continuous stream of high volume phone inquiries. Must possess excellent communication and time management skills.
Job Type: Full-time