Weill Cornell Imaging at NewYork-Presbyterian is looking for recent grads to join our phenomenal team!
Under direct supervision, provides administrative and secretarial support related to coordinating patient care within the clinical practice. Senior Patient Coordinators (SPCs) ensure that patients experience the best care possible onsite. Leading up to the patient’s scheduled appointment, they verify that we have everything we need to ensure a smooth visit for the patient. SPCs assist with registration and any onsite questions on the day of the patient’s appointment. They are highly professional, and friendly, individuals that have a major impact on our patients’ experience. SPCs will be assigned to one of seven sites located throughout Manhattan.
- $24.86 an hour starting, with the potential for almost unlimited overtime
- Full Benefits (at low cost)
- Flexible hours and locations, with sites all over Manhattan, and a new one opening in Queens in early/mid 2022 (all easily accessible for Tri-State residents). Most of our sites run 7 days a week, 14 hours a day, so schedules can be built around employee needs
- Starting your career at a renowned organization
- Strong employees will receive letters of recommendation from Physician Leadership as they pursue their education in Medicine (Medical or Nursing School)
- A culture that strictly promotes from within. Almost all 25+ members of our management team have been promoted from within, with many of them starting their careers at WCINYP in entry level positions, including numerous who began as an SPC or CSR.
- Ability to learn how a healthcare entity is run, including operations, marketing, and finance
- Responsible for front-end revenue cycle processes, which may include but is not limited to, the check-in/check-out of patients and collection/reconciliation of time-of-service payments, as applicable. May also discuss patient’s responsibility for payments.
- Verifies patient insurance eligibility and obtains necessary pre-authorization numbers, if required, prior to appointment date. Facilitates the communication and collection of any fees due from patient.
- Registers patients within the practice management system. Completes full registration for new patients and eligibility verification for all appointments/procedures. Resolves registration issues prior to patient appointment to ensure smooth check-in.
- Schedules, confirms, re-schedules and cancels appointments for both new and existing patients using the scheduling application.
- Educates patients about the patient portal and encourages patient participation.
- Distributes informational and specialty-specific educational brochures.
- Identifies areas of improvement for the front desk and office flow.
- Assists in the training of new staff members in the practice’s standard of operations policies regarding patient care and billing related activities.
- Monitors schedules for wait lists, re-schedules and cancellations. Recommends improvements to workflows to ensure maximum schedule utilization.
- Manages patient chart process to ensure that information is inputted and scanned properly.
- Posts payment information within the practice management system.
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment and/or reagents. May order supplies/equipment/reagents as authorized or ensure that needs are escalated appropriately.
- Receives supply orders and confirms accuracy of delivery. May assist with cost control.
- Answers phones, responds to inquiries and triages calls to appropriate personnel.
- Receives, sorts and distributes mail.
- May coordinate and schedule laboratory and diagnostic tests.
- May maintain physicians’ clinical calendars.
- May assist with scheduling of meetings and preparation of agendas.
- May phone in prescription requests to the pharmacy.
- May welcome patients as they arrive and performs check-in responsibilities: verifying, collecting and confirming insurance and demographic information.
- May arrive patients in the practice management system to notify clinical team when patients are checked in and ready to see the physician.
- May perform check-out responsibilities: collects patient co-pays, answers any questions and schedules follow-up care.
- May assist in maintaining waiting areas in a neat and tidy condition.
- Initiates and prepares written correspondence as needed and based on functional needs.
- Performs job duties in accordance with site standards and while optimizing patient experience.
- High school diploma required
- College degree strongly preferred
- Excellent data entry skills highly desired
- Working knowledge of Epic or other EMR system(s) strongly preferred
- Experience working in healthcare or a medical office strongly preferred
- Experience working in customer service/hospitalities strongly preferred
- Ability to speak languages other than English is highly desired: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, and Russian
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess outstanding customer services skills; compassionate, courteous, and helpful phone manner. Must be able to a tactful demeanor while handling a continuous stream of high volume patient inquires.
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and weekends.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Standard office work