NYC Health + Hospitals is seeking temporary Clinical Laboratory Technicians to work out of our COVID 19 Ambulatory Care Clinics. Clinical Laboratory Technicians will be employed as contingent workforce and may be required to float to different NYC Health + Hospitals facilities.
Under the direction of the Laboratory POCT director with a propensity for independent judgment and decision making skills, oversees and monitors moderate and low complexity clinical laboratory POCT and send out tests on specimens for screening and diagnostic purposes.
- Performs validation studies for the laboratory.
- Assists in training the clinical staffs on new and ongoing laboratory procedures.
- Participates in proficiency test for laboratory compliance and readiness.
- Monitors the maintenance of the laboratory equipment and reports quality metrics for the performed tests.
- Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to routine traveling, overseeing and reporting of laboratory dispatch, quality control, quality assurance and inventory at different COVID19 testing clinics.
• AAS in Medical Technology or a related Health Science
• NYS License for Medical Technician
• One year of training in a clinical laboratory