New York State Court’s Office for Justice Initiatives
Fall 2020 Remote Internship Opportunity
The Office for Justice Initiatives is currently seeking student interns to assist with updating content on nycourthelp.gov. CourtHelp is an information portal, that provides court users with information about the law in plain language and is also home to points of access for useful resources.
• Provide non-legal support to OJI attorneys and staff.
• Review web content to ensure it is clear and easy to understand.
• Identify potential issues with website navigation.
• Offer written feedback.
• Gain increased understanding about legal proceedings and procedures.
In addition to being a currently enrolled college student, candidate must meet the following criteria:• Enrolled in an academic internship class
• Completion of 1st year of college
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
This is a remote internship. Candidates must provide their own technology, Wi-Fi access, and must have the capability to attend meetings on Skype for Business.
Note: Academic credit is preferred, but not required