The New York University Grossman School of Medicine’s Department of Population Health has a number of initiatives related addressing medication adherence to improve outcomes for patients with high blood pressure. These include projects to understand factors that contribute to medication nonadherence and developing clinical interventions to address medication adherence in clinical settings. This position will be based in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science in the Department of Population Health, a dynamic learning environment focused on improving patient safety and outcomes.
We are seeking a qualified Research Data Associate to support the research and project administration– specifically, to establish the necessary infrastructure, processes, and policies to ensure the successful implementation and completion of the project. Although the Research Data Associate will primarily support needs for a specific project, the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science will be able to flex assignments between projects based on real-time needs of project and interests of the individual. The Research Coordinator will report to Saul Blecker, MD, MHS, faculty member in the Division of Healthcare Delivery Science in the Department of Population Health, and work closely with all key faculty and external partners.
- Support the day-to-day operations of the project.
- Organize meetings and facilitate communication of the research team. Prepare agenda and minutes for team meetings.
- Project management, timeline development, and tracking task completion.
- Contribute to submission of grant-mandated deliverables, interim reports, financial reports and progress updates and participate in preparation of these reports.
- Compile and consolidate data and conduct preliminary analyses for presentation to sponsoring agencies and scientific community.
- Perform data collection, quantitative and/or qualitative analysis and interpretation of results for projects.
- Collect patient information from electronic health record (EHR) and other data sources for the research project.
- Perform detailed EHR chart review to ensure accuracy and completeness of data
- Conduct literature searches and reviews on topics relevant to research project.
- Assist with the preparation, editing, formatting and submission of manuscripts and other materials for dissemination.
- Responsible for coordinating, submitting, tracking, and updating human-subjects research protocol submissions to Institutional Review Board at NYU.
- Prepare presentations for lectures or posters for conferences, utilizing PowerPoint.
- Interfaces with varied persons, such as, School of Medicine and or Medical Center staff (e.g. physicians, nurses) and partners at other institutions.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public health or related discipline OR Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and work and communicate effectively with both internal and external collaborators. Ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to manage time, multi task and prioritize work.
- Familiarity with health services and population health research.
- Bonus: experience with EHR clinical data, chart review, and/or qualitative research.