The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is seeking a well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds reflect an ability to serve the over 1.3 million members of the Bronx County community and pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. The Bronx County District Attorney’s Office has an opening for The Accounts Payable Assistant is responsible to issue payments and to record vendor payments and staff expense reimbursements.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Execute payments through NYC’s FMS central accounting system.
- Issue paper checks using Microsoft GP accounting application.
- Record payments in the GP system, including managing digital images of invoices
- Communicate effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of staff
- Accurately and promptly execute office payments
- Maintain ledgers, payment files, and other A/P records, both in digital and hardcopy format
- Ability to take a careful, detailed-oriented approach to work in a fast-paced environment.
- All other relevant duties as designated by supervisory
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or a High School diploma/GED and two years relevant finance experience in a law firm, government agency, or other professional environments.
- Familiarity with commercial accounting software such as Microsoft Dynamics GP and QuickBooks a plus.
Post Until Filled
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion