The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is seeking a well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds reflect an ability to serve the over 1.3 million members of the Bronx County community and pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. The Crime Strategies Bureau (CSB), located within the Strategic Enforcement and Intergovernmental Relations Division works closely with the New York Police Department, other law enforcement agencies, and members of the community to identify groups and individuals most responsible for committing crimes that impact our community, with a specific focus on violent crime. The CSB is seeking an Intelligence Analyst who will be responsible for providing CSB with investigative, analytical, and investigative support.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Gather, analyze, and process data using industry-current and in-house applications to produce a complete model of crime trends and actionable intelligence in the Bronx and surrounding areas.
- Assist in developing and implementing intelligence-driven prosecution strategies.
- Interpret the results of intelligence and statistical analysis through presentations of data at meetings or through consultation with legal, investigative, and support personnel.
- Superior organizational, time management, writing, and communication skills
- Perform a full range of intelligence, analytical, and investigative support when needed.
- Other duties as assigned to support the Strategic Enforcement and Intergovernmental Relations Division.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in data science mathematics/statistics, computer science, or criminal justice)
- Two years related experience preferred.
- Formal intelligence analysis experience and/or certification preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Advanced Excel experience (pivot tables; charts; functions; etc.) preferred.
- Strong skillset in data mapping, including geocoding; photo editing
- Quick learner regarding new technology tools and software.
- Experience using Photoshop; ArcGIS; i2 Analyst Notebook; Palantir; etc. a plus.
- Capable of building institutional relationships with community residents and organizations, police, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Ability to effectively communicate investigative results to other team members, and to testify in court if necessary.
- Criminal justice system experience preferred.
- Must be able to adhere to strict requirements regarding legal records management, data protection, and privacy/confidentiality.
POST UNTIL: Filled
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion