Open Door Family Medical Center provides health care and wellness programs to individuals and families in need throughout Westchester, Putnam and Ulster Counties. A pioneer Federally Qualified Health Center, Open Door provides more than 300,000 patient visits annually and serves nearly 60,000 individual patients who might not otherwise have access. Open Door offers integrated services and a holistic approach to building healthier communities. Primary medical care, dental care, integrated behavioral health care, clinical nutrition, wellness programs, and chronic disease management are the foundation of its clinical programs.
Founded as a free clinic in 1972, Open Door’s mission of building healthier communities through accessible, equitable, culturally competent health care has led to site and service expansions. Today, Open Door operates centers in Brewster, Mamaroneck, Mount Kisco, Ossining, Port Chester, and Sleepy Hollow, in addition to eight School-Based Health Centers in the Port Chester and Ossining School Districts, a mobile dental van in Mount Kisco, and a new dental practice in Saugerties, NY. For more information, please visit our website at www.opendoormedical.org.
Open Door is seeking a Purchasing Specialist / Buyer to report to the Director of Purchasing in support and provide assistance in the overall operations of the department. This role provides for total customer satisfaction, may engage in frequent contact with staff, visitors and vendors and will assist director with purchasing functions and invoice resolution as required. Additional duties include:
- Provide the Director of Purchasing with administrative/financial support and assistance; manage schedules, including internal and external meetings.
- Maintain high level of knowledge of all department functions and activities in order to respond to internal and external inquiries and requests for information and department support.
- Use Purchasing System Microsoft Dynamics and document management software Docuware.
- Evaluate current vendor usage reports and compare to other vendors.
- Work on a daily basis with clients and sales representatives.
- Obtain quotes for departments as needed and analyze bids as required.
- Maintain and organize Purchasing warehouse obtain emergency supplies if needed.
- Create and format documents, charts, Excel spreadsheets, graphs and powerpoint demonstrations. Prepares analytical and ad hoc reports as needed to effectively communicate department performance.
- Under the Direction of Director, may act as a Purchasing Agent and create / call in Purchase orders for rentals and emergency requests, special requests and capital. Handles emergency calls related to expediting and ordering for various department orders, specifically patient related.
- Evaluate Purchasing tools and assist site managers and requestors on a daily basis.
- Assist departments with Amazon prime ordering.
- Create, update and maintain various vendor pick lists.
- Analyze usage details and ensures that Departments order within budget.
- Analyze vendor usage data against Purchasing system reports and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain current vendor and professional contact information.
- Organize, store and retrieve documents.
- Organize documents for approval including contracts, purchase orders, expense reports. Process through the Finance Department.
- Ensure staff are provided with timely, accurate information and documentation for meetings and presentations.
- Obtain and Organize service agreements electronically in folders and attach all BAA documents and scan into Docuware.
- Assist with organizing, maintaining department policy and procedure manuals.
- Organize departmental meetings; prepare agendas; set up multi-media technology attend meeting; take and distribute minutes.
- Ensure that HIPAA regulations, Joint Commission standards and requirements including compliance with completion of annual health assessments and annual training is adhered to.
- Maintain a safe orderly work environment, maintains compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Ensure that ODFMC and department mission statements, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Resolve problems with a customer service approach.
- Place calls and responds to incoming calls in accordance with established customer service standards, departmental policies and procedures, providing for optimal customer service.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum High school diploma, and some college preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Business or Liberal Arts.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience providing administrative support preferably in Healthcare with some Purchasing experience.
- Knowledgeable in a purchasing system, e.g. MS Dynamics, Meditech, Peoplesoft.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Superb organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong ability to diplomatically and effectively manage interactions with individuals at all levels and job functions, both inside and outside the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work proactively and take initiative.
- Highly flexible, positive and results-oriented attitude; creative and persistent in accomplishing tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Access to a car; possess current and valid NYS driver’s license.
Open Door offers its employees a stimulating, diverse and team-based work environment with comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 403(b) and a matching 401(k), generous paid time off, onsite Wellness facilities, and educational assistance. At Open Door, we enjoy working in a team-based, patient-centered environment and value the benefits of a diversified workplace that values our patients and the communities we serve.
If you want to make a difference in the lives of thousands of patients in the health of our communities of Westchester and Putnam counties, and if the position speaks to your capabilities, experience and commitment to improve the health of our communities, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email.
Open Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer.