FOCUS OF PRACTICE: WORKERS COMPENSATION
The New York State Worker’s Compensation law was created to provide the injured workers with lost wage benefits and necessary medical care. However, without knowing how to navigate through the system workers may lose valuable rights and may lose out on collecting all they are entitled to receive. All workers must know how to report a claim, file a claim and document their disability in order to collect benefits. Legal representation is imperative to assist in filing a claim and protect rights connected to the claim. An injured worker may have a personal injury action as well if the injury was due to someone else’s negligence, an unsafe condition, victim of a dangerous product, or a motor vehicle accident.
THE FIRM HAS LOCATIONS IN WHITE PLAINS, BROOKLYN, NEW YORK CITY, QUEENS, BRONX, HICKSVILLE AND BRENTWOOD.
CONTACT AT PASTERNACK TILKER ET AL: LYNNE BECCARO, ESQ.
SUPERVISOR AT WHITE PLAINS: KEVIN WALSH ESQ
SUPERVISOR: BROOKLYN MICHAEL GRUBER, ESQ.
SUPERVISOR BRONX: STEPHANIE WEINER, ESQ.
SUPERVISOR: QUEENS: MATTHEW FUNK, ESQ.
SUPERVISOR: HICKVILLE CATHY STANTON, ESQ.
SUPERVISOR BRENTWOOD: KELLY KOSTER, ESQ.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, have a high standard of ethics and strong communication skills.
• Conducting claimant interviews for new cases;
• Open new files, gather and analyze intake information and relevant documents;
• Heavy call volume which includes extensive contact with clients, attorneys, insurance adjusters, and medical providers; In person client appointments;
• Case Management and File Reviews for preparation of upcoming hearings and settlements;
• Read, interpret and follow up on medical reports;
• Contact with insurance carriers for payments, medical treatment issues;
• Performs other related duties as assigned;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effectively shows empathy to claimants who are dealing with difficult circumstances.
• Upbeat with a can-do attitude; must be able to work independently and have a desire to assume significant responsibility
• Understanding of legal language and principles, and other related matters.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability multitask and meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Fluent in Spanish