At PKF O’Connor Davies, our Internship Program is designed to work with students’ educational schedules for the entire year. The internship allows for a flexible work environment making it ideal for students looking for an opportunity to learn on the job while being able to meet the demands of their studies. The Accounting Intern reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. This includes but is not limited to assisting with certain General Ledger, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions to ensure the firm’s finances are accurate and up to date. The Accounting Intern must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and provide a timely, high-quality and accurate work product. The Accounting Intern should be available to work a minimum of three days a week for a total of 20 – 25 hours.
- Prepare and enter journal entries in the general ledger system, including the recording of revenue, billings and adjustment entries.
- Perform monthly general ledger account reconciliations, including bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the preparation and posting of accounts receivable invoices and the application of cash payments related to these invoices.
- Assist with processing and payment of accounts payable invoices.
- Assist with the filing of journal entries, invoices and other financial documents.
- Complete applicable ad hoc assignments requested from the Finance Department.
- Assist with reporting and filing requirements to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Must have at least 75% of a Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance completed from an accredited university.
- Interns must be customer-focused and able to multitask.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational abilities.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Creative and persistent problem solver.
- Able to handle confidential material in a reliable manner.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills