At PKF O’Connor Davies, many of our Internship Programs are designed to work with students’ educational schedules and allow for a flexible work schedule making it ideal for students looking for an opportunity to learn on the job while being able to meet the demands of their studies. As an IT Intern at PKF O’Connor Davies, individuals will get hands-on experience collaborating with our IT Department. Interns acquire skills and develop/further their knowledge by performing the duties and responsibilities listed below in an efficient and effective manner.
The IT Intern will be responsible for providing support for end-user hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices/telephones) and software. This individual will need to be able to troubleshoot as needed, train the end-user community on new systems, and answer technical questions about equipment and software applications. The IT Intern will primarily be working out of our Harrison, NY location, but needs to have access to an automobile. Additionally, the individual must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment and provide timely, high-quality service.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for providing support for end-user hardware (desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices/telephones) and software.
- Respond to user requests for service and troubleshoot as needed.
- Assist with training the end-user community on new systems.
- Answer technical questions about equipment and software applications.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
- Must be enrolled in a related Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Potential candidates should have good communication and computer skills and be team players who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment. Interns must be customer-focused and able to multitask.
- Experience in an IT Support capacity a plus.
- IT experience within an accounting firm a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must have the ability to handle a constantly changing flow of traffic, remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times and exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Needs to be self-motivated and able to work efficiently with minimal supervision while working in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Must be capable of lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals.
- Must be willing to travel to different offices as needed and have access to a car.
Desired Technical Skill Set:
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP, routers, firewalls, Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory, Adobe Suite, and network printers.
- Experience with Windows 7 & 10 desktops along with a basic knowledge of Windows 2012 server operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of basic computer hardware. Specific knowledge of Dell laptops and desktops a plus.
- Basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite 2013 & 2016
- Working knowledge of a range of remote control tools a plus, but not required.
- Familiar with remote access applications such as Citrix or Windows Terminal Server a plus but not required.
- Familiar with Help Desk incident tracking tools to log, track and maintain incident history records and knowledge base a plus, but not required.
- Familiar with CCH accounting product line a plus, but not required.
- Basic experience with scripting and/or automation tools (e.g. PowerShell, workflow automation tools like MS Flow).