The Tax Associate will be responsible for preparation of corporate, partnership and individual returns for a middle market client base. This individual will work closely with partners, managers and clients with tax preparation and planning.
- Research and consult on various tax engagements.
- Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities.
- Responsible for more complex tax return preparation.
- Utilize tax preparation software to prepare and process returns.
- Interact with seniors, managers, partners and clients.
- BA/BS/MS Accounting or Taxation degree from an accredited college/university.
- Must have 150 credit requirement to become CPA certified.
- Knowledge of tax software, specifically ProSystem fx.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Experience with partnership, individual, and corporate returns.
- Some planning and problem solving experience.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet challenging client requirements, provide services and possess strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and research capabilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and make sound decisions and recommendations in client related matters pertaining to tax returns.