At PKF O’Connor Davies, our Winter Audit Internship Program immerses students in work alongside our industry group specialists by assisting with and providing quality audit services to the Firm’s clients in authentic engagements. Interns get real-world, hands on experience, allowing them to explore a career in public accounting with PKF O’Connor Davies and assisting in executing actual audit projects. This part-time, paid 12-week internship program operates from early January through mid-April and requires a minimum of 20 hours/week commitment.
- Develop relationships with clients and employees.
- Become proficient in assisting clients with routine accounting functions.
- Become familiar with and adhere to the Firm’s policies and procedures as they relate to being an efficient and professional team member.
- Draft financial statements under prescribed formatting
- Prepare portions of compilation, review and audit engagements.
- Develop a working knowledge of all microcomputer applications, which are routinely used.
- Become knowledgeable about accounting pronouncements and demonstrate a basic income tax understanding.
- Must have at least 75% of a B.A. / B.S. degree in Accounting completed from an accredited university.
- Potential candidates should have good communication and computer skills and be team players who are motivated to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interns must be customer-focused and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Must be willing to travel locally to clients 80%+ of the time and have access to a car/public transportation.