Are You Ready to Live Protiviti?
The Protiviti Career provides the opportunity to learn, inspire, and advance within a collaborative and diverse culture. We hire curious individuals for whom learning is a passion. Together, we focus on our mission of delivering confidence in a dynamic world – and the world has perhaps never been more dynamic.
At every level, we champion leaders who live our values of integrity, inclusion, innovation, and commitment to success. Imagining our work as a journey, we believe integrity guides our way, inclusion moves us forward together, and innovation creates new destinations.
Living our values every day. That’s Living Protiviti.
Are you inspired to make a difference?
You’ve come to the right place.
Technology Consulting Consultants work with Protiviti’s clients, who are typically among the world’s leading companies. As a consultant, you collaborate with the team to deliver client solutions for complex business problems that these organizations face. Experience tells us that our future leaders need to be both knowledgeable and deep in an area of expertise, but versatile having a broad range of capabilities and skill sets to solve today’s complex business problems. That’s why we focus on developing consultants across our business, so you gain experience in different industries, grow your technical capabilities, and gain leadership qualities that will ensure your future success.
Our culture is grounded in empowerment, teamwork, and problem-solving. At all career levels, we encourage innovation, seeking your ideas and insights. Our people care about one another, they coach and guide, and they help each member of our team be their very best.
When you join our team, you will participate in Passport to Protiviti, our award-winning onboarding program. You will also attend The Consulting Challenge, an experiential learning course that will help you transition successfully into your role as a consultant. As a consultant, you will be a part of the Foundations experience, an innovative approach to equip our consultants with the knowledge, skills, technical aptitude and coaching to become our firms’ future leaders. This Foundations experience will enable you to learn from a diverse set of experiences, while guiding your skill development; ultimately preparing you for the next step in your career journey.
Technology Consulting Consultants will experience a variety of projects. Each project experience is designed to fuel your curiosity, uncover hidden strengths, and most importantly, prepare you for the next career level. Consultants learn from the best management team in an effort to develop an understanding of business processes and build technical skills in general risk areas. Consultants compile and analyze data and document findings through client engagements. Through interaction with client and project team personnel, consultants develop professional relationships that contribute to exceptional client service. A successful consultant learns effective time and task management, takes ownership of assignments, and accepts responsibility for team results.
With each project, you receive hands-on training in a nurturing environment and interact with leaders across our practice. Talent Managers will partner with you in lining up specific project experiences that support your career goals, your skills, and the needs of the business. A network of coaches will help you navigate challenges and celebrate milestones. There will be many opportunities to join committees, participate in employee network groups, enjoy social, civic, and networking activities, to aid in building meaningful relationships across the firm and in the community.
Technology Consulting Consultants are hired into one of the six specific solution segments, including:
- Enterprise Application Solutions: Supports organizations in transforming and optimizing their processes by delivering tailored technology application solutions to meet their needs. The Enterprise Application Solutions team provides a wholistic range of services within this space whether it be assisting organizations in understanding key business processes that will be impacted by their strategy, advising on application selection, providing implementation services, or ensuring security and compliance throughout solution delivery. This team has the expertise to support clients from end to end on their transformation journey.
- Enterprise Data & Analytics: Works on the process of harnessing data (internal and external to the organization) to generate valuable insights that can drive the operations and strategy of an organization. There are various disciplines involved in Enterprise Data & Analytics, including: data source identification and analysis, data engineering, data visualization & data science/machine learning. The disciplines range from gathering and preparing the data for consumption, to consuming this data to diagnose issues, predict future outcomes and provide prescriptive solutions to challenges in the organization.
- Emerging Technologies Group: The Emerging Technologies group covers a wide range of work including Internet of Things (IoT) penetration testing, cloud support, intelligent automation, artificial intelligence/machine learning and quantum computing. This team specialize in conducting a variety of penetration testing approaches such as: hardware, web/mobile application, bluetooth, and other RF technologies. The devices this segment have historically tested have been primarily medical devices/telecom/consumer product related; however, the rapid growth of IoT devices presents an opportunity to test several types of devices as they emerge.
- Security and Privacy: Helps organizations prevent theft or help protect sensitive data and assets. The Security and Privacy team builds partnerships by conducting risk assessments and technical testing, identifying security weaknesses in client systems, and providing strategic recommendations to deal with vulnerabilities and enhance overall cyber security posture. They help organizations prepare for and detect cyber-attacks or other crisis events; and take necessary corrective steps in real life situations.
- Software Services: Works in both advisory and development capacities for clients looking to build new solutions or improve their technology strategy. This team offer services in a variety of business solutions including custom developed business solutions, enterprise content management platforms, customer relationship management platforms, and risk technology platforms. The Protiviti Software Services segment are known as the “people on the ground” – our consultants are product managers, web developers, graphic artists, and programmers with a passion for technology and innovation.
- Technology Strategy and Operations: Helps clients understand and improve how they use technology and how technology can enable them to meet their big picture strategies. The Technology Strategy and Operations team works closely with all of the other technology related practices at Protiviti because we help their leadership plan and strategize. For example, our Technology Governance and Risk Management sub-segment team works with the leaders in Audit and Compliance to build or mature their programs, helping them understand their highest risks and then figure out how they will use their teams to manage them. Our Transform Program Execution sub-segment team works with the Enterprise Application Solutions leaders when they are implementing a new tool and need assistance with project management for that implementation.
Meaningful onboarding. Impactful training. Foundational learning. These experiences define the Protiviti Career – a career that enables you to thrive in work and life.
- Degree: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Computer Science, Data Sciences, Decision Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information Technology, Internet of Things, Applied Math, Machine Learning, Quantum, or other technology majors)
- Visa Status: All applicants applying for U.S. job openings need authorization to work in the United States for Protiviti without sponsorship now or in the future
- Technical Skills Desired:
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills and innovation to client engagements across various industries
- Specific skills below, prepare you better for specific Technology Consulting segments:
- Demonstrated ability and desire to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters
- Basic experience with any of the major Business Intelligence reporting tools, such as Power BI, BusinessObjects, Hyperion, Cognos, Microstrategy, Tableau, QlikView, or SSRS
- Entry-level experience with domain management strategies, network segmentation, firewalls and middleware tools
- Introductory knowledge of internal control frameworks or knowledge of IT controls, with particular experience to understand IT and Business risks related to SAP
- Basic experience working within a Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, TeraData, or other major database management systems.
- Familiarity of technology project risks and strategies for managing and mitigating
- Basic Knowledge of security-related topics such as authentication, entitlements, identity management, data protection, data leakage prevention, validation checking, encryption, hashing, principle of least privilege, software attack methods, and data storage
- Fundamental knowledge of process reengineering and methodologies, including flowcharting and technical design documentation
- Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
WHAT MAKES YOU SUCCESSFUL
- Strong academic background
- Working in teams, as well as independently
- Being creative and analytical
- Passionate about evaluating, synthesizing, organizing, and interpreting data and information
- Possessing excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development
- Desiring to learn and receptiveness to feedback and mentoring
- Drive towards obtaining professional certifications
ARE YOU ON BOARD WITH TRAVEL?
Since we work with clients, typically at their sites, this position requires travel to client sites. Out-of-town travel may also be required. Consultants need reliable transportation to and from local client sites.