RSM has an opportunity for a highly motivated intern for National IT at RSM who will work directly with various IT teams to support RSM’s modern information technology processes and technologies. You’ll be a member of a team who is responsible for the delivery and management of consumable technologies, processes and integrations to bolster RSM lines of business and their respective portfolios. You will demonstrate and maintain high standards performing essential duties below while fostering a proactive, efficient and service-oriented work environment. Communication and professionalism are paramount as you will be representing RSM National IT to effectively engage with technical and business leadership as well as external providers of IT services.
REIMAGINING FLEXBILITY – RSM’s goal is to offer flexibility in when, where and how you work to help you manage your unique professional and personal priorities while still delivering excellent RSM experiences for your clients, colleagues and communities. As such, this role is open to locations in close proximity to one of our many offices in the United States.
- Assisting DevOps and Data Technology Engineers in realizing orchestration of legacy, public and private cloud infrastructure utilizing automation while maintaining established change management procedures.
- Provide assistance to engineering teams to allow for testing, release and deployment cycles through participation in authoring of scripts to automate configuration and provisioning of resources.
- Participation in employing continuous delivery system practices via cloud services and infrastructure.
- Assisting in the execution and automation of continuous integrations pipelines for various development projects using a core suite of tools. Through this you will learn and gain experience in Monitoring, scaling and optimizing distributed services across many cloud infrastructures.
- Assisting and participating in Engineering calls and processes to develop and implement technical standards, procedures, and techniques for the resolution of Enterprise IT system problems to ensure maximum application availability and performance.
- Assists engineering teams in collaborating with other IT and non-IT related professionals such as developers, architects, project managers, business analysts and business leaders.
- Will gain experience in driving, collaborating, and implementing technical procedures and standards that drive the firm.
- Assisting Engineers in direct support related activities for many enterprise products and cloud computing solutions. Will gain experience in incident triage, resolution, alerting reviews, logging and performance procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Required: Junior or Senior in a Computer Science related degree field and in good academic standing.
- All of the below are not required but you will gain an understanding of a majority during your internship
- Server Operating Systems
- Scripting skillsets (Powershell, Terraform, IaC languages)
- Cloud Computing Platforms (Azure, AWS, VMWare)
- Agile Methodologies
- Project management systems
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in team collaboration – Required
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills – Required
- Exceptional analytical and process development skills – Preferred