Scarsdale Medical Group is a well-established and respected multi-specialty medical practice serving New York’s Westchester County, the Hudson Valley, New York Metro and Connecticut areas with three offices in Harrison and Scarsdale. We are recruiting for full time Certified Medical Assistant’s in the following specialties:
This is an exciting time to join our team as we continue to develop our relationship with White Plains Hospital
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for assisting physicians in providing patient care. Ensure each patient experience is a positive experience. Assists other healthcare professionals with exams and minor office procedures; obtain vital signs including blood pressure, pulse, temperature, respiratory rate, height and weight and document appropriately. Maintain supply inventory in exam rooms; cleans and sterilizes equipment.
- Prepares any necessary equipment required, in advance for examination by physicians and/or health care personnel.
- Maintain cooperative and professional relationships with physicians, nurses, office and clinical staff in person and on the phone. Functions as a respectful member of the health care team.
- Maintains supplies and cleanliness of patient space, restocks supplies, linen, trays and instruments as needed. Notifies supervisor of any shortage of any supplies and linens.
- Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Prepares patients for physical exams, procedures and treatments. Assists physician and health care personnel with examinations, procedures and treatments.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment. May take laboratory specimens, including blood work, as needed.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
- Schedule hospital procedures, surgeries and tests. Pre-cert and obtain test results.
- Complete disability and insurance forms.
- Ensures medical record compliance.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
- Complies with departmental organizational policies and procedures and adheres to external agency requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Certification or Diploma from accredited Medical Assistant school.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two years job experience preferred, but willing to train recent graduates.
- Demonstrate basic computer skills. Experience in EMR a PLUS
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written English proficiency required
- Flexibility due to unexpected changes in workload.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Scarsdale Medical Group, established in 1957, is a 40+ physician partnership with offices in Scarsdale and Harrison New York. The group comprises general internal medicine, all of the major internal medicine subspecialties, pediatrics, obstetrics-gynecology, neurology, and dermatology. The physicians at the Scarsdale Medical Group have trained at some of the leading medical schools in the country. The group is dedicated to delivering the highest quality medical care, with an emphasis on responsiveness to individual needs and preferences