Guiding the Way to Independence through Recovery
Changing the human condition one person at a time for more than 40 years.
We are in search of full time residential counselors within Westchester County. Our counselors teach skills and help secure support necessary to achieve overall rehabilitation goals for individuals with serious mental illness.
Work Life Balance
- $16.50/hour — Competitive salary within nonprofit field
- Vacation, sick, personal, and holiday PTO
- Affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k, life insurance, and more.
- Sunday-Thursday OR Tuesday-Saturday schedule, typically 1-9pm
- Delivering Medicaid-reimbursable restorative services that are directly related to the achievement of the client’s independent living goals. This includes, but is not limited to, being very hands-on with the clients in modeling various daily life skills.
- Create and maintain the service plans, progress notes, and other written documentation required to support the client’s services.
- Ensure that clients receive the proper types and amounts of medication as prescribed by their physician.
- Driving clients to community based programs, appointments & other services on a daily basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field and some experience in the mental health field preferred.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency required and five years of experience working in a rehabilitation environment.
- A valid driver’s license and insurability as a driver on SfC’s auto policy is required.