We are seeking an experienced social workers who are passionate about working with students, teens and young adults on the autism spectrum and/or with developmental disabilities. Acting as a case manager and team lead for assigned students, they will collaborate closely with our exceptional team of clinicians (mental health specialists, OT, PT, SLP, Health and Wellness), educational and campus life professionals, that utilize comprehensive approaches and interventions designed to support the growth and development of each student. This dynamic role will also liaise with the student, parents, and appropriate individuals outside the organization, to fully support a student’s holistic and comprehensive support in accordance with their ITEP and other supporting development plans as appropriate. Having access to confidential information, discretion and independent judgement is required.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- A New York State License, and is in good professional standing
- Master’s degree in social work is required
- Minimum of 1-5 years’ experience
- Experience working with students with developmental disabilities or on the autistic spectrum is strongly preferred
- Boarding or school experience desired
- Exceptional communication (oral and written) and active listening skills to appropriately meet student needs. Must also be able to effectively communicate and interact with faculty, staff, families, and all external constituencies
- Excellent analytical capabilities, with a demonstrated ability to understand, problem solve, and make sound determinations/decisions
- Demonstrated ability to achieve desired results working collaboratively in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders while being sensitive and responsive to the diverse needs of students, families, faculty, and staff, with a high degree of cultural competency and collegiality
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, have a sense of urgency ability to make sound and appropriate decisions under pressure where situations/circumstances are continually evolving
- Ability to work as a team player and to work cross-functionally with other disciplines
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical services
- Computer proficiency and a working knowledge of Microsoft and other software, and ability to learn Azimuth SIS, our database management software provider
Physical demands are in excess of desk work (computer and phone time). He/she will be required to stand and walk to a significant degree around the building and the external campus grounds
Participate and work in all areas of the campus, indoors, outdoors
Workday regularly includes multiple or conflicting demands, deadlines and time pressures; Work regularly requires sustained concentration. Sitting at a desk for extended periods, walking up and down stairs (building has 6 floors), around a hilly campus as needed, may also require walking between floors or between buildings at a moment’s notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time role, of a 40-hour workweek. Demands of the job may require work outside these hours and on weekends as needed and required.
Shrub Oak International School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform the essentials functions of his/her job. Please advise us if you require a reasonable accommodation.