The Training Manager is a full time, year round position, responsible for helping to build Shrub Oak International staff development into a robust learning organization. He/she will assist to build and transform staff development and learning into a function which engages staff via appropriate learning vehicles (online, blended, digital, live) and translates key learning deliverables, to actionable behaviors on the job for further development/reinforcement. He/she will be accountable for the delivery of learning approaches that quantify value and impactful experiences to support our students, and staff competencies.
Working collaboratively with the Head of Human Resources, departments heads and their staffs, the Training Manager will work collaboratively with departments to design or assist in the creation of a robust orientation, learning agendas, training content, and have the demonstrated expertise to deliver (or co-deliver) content to adult learners in an engaging, experiential manner. The Training Manager will assist in the design of feedback systems, to ensure approaches are state of the art, and meet Shrub Oak’s evolving needs. Having access to confidential information, discretion and independent judgement is required.
Essential Functions – Primary duties of the position
- Manage the design and implementation of a robust training/learning development function which will enable SOIS to become a premier learning organization for its staff.
- Make recommendations to align overall training and development strategy into actionable training plans for SOIS generally, as well as departments, specifically
- Collaborating with Dept. Heads and their designees, enable the definition, design and delivery of learning initiatives that embody adult learning theory and have quantifiable value and impact, in that they i.e. create an experiential learning experience for staff, with actionable learnings that can be demonstrated on the job
- Designing learning opportunities that flexibility meet the needs of a 24/7/365 organization and uses appropriate learning vehicles to reach learners
- Ensuring the uniform delivery of learning across departments, as needed and required
- Collect, review and analyze performance metrics that support continuous learning and improvement
- Remain current on new learning and other industry approaches to remain at the forefront of adult learning theory
- Provide recommendations to enhance the learning and development function
- Handle any and all other additional responsibilities as needed and required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3-5 years min. experience in training others and/or managing a function, including the design and delivery of relevant content on a variety of areas, including empowering individuals on the autism spectrum or development to become more independent, (i.e. functional skills, ADLs, sensory integration, working with nonverbal students, clinical areas and more) safety, human resources, and a wide variety of other areas needed to foster a continuous learning organization
- Demonstrated experience as a special educator, OT, SLP, BCBA, and related fields
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals on the autism spectrum or with developmental disabilities
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate and engage adults, with an understanding of adult learning theories
- High emotional intelligence and exceptional communications skills both oral and written to read, understand and engage a wide range of learners at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional facilitation skills with a demonstrated ability to engage learners as all levels of the organization.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills to work with those in other departments to design and build quality programs for ongoing learning
- Demonstrated customer service orientation such that our staff are our collective clients
- Training experience including the design and delivery of experiential training across multiple platforms (live, blended and distance learning curricula and content)
- Experience evaluating learning programs and materials to ensure client and learner needs are met
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage competing projects to successful conclusion
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with a diverse, transdisciplinary group of individuals at all levels of the organization, with the ability to influence and collaborate with others at all levels
- Ability to work with vendors in a collaborative manner as appropriate
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a year round position. Full time staff work a traditional 40-hour work week, which may flex to after traditional hours or weekends given the nature of our work. However, the demanding nature of our profession will regularly require professional employees to work longer hours than regular hours of operation.
Shrub Oak International School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to apply for a job or to perform the essentials functions of his/her job. Please advise us if you require a reasonable accommodation.