Slalom is a modern consulting firm focused on strategy, technology, and business transformation. In 30+ markets across the US, UK, and Canada, our teams have autonomy to move fast and do what’s right. We’re backed by regional innovation hubs, a global culture of collaboration, and partnerships with the world’s top technology providers. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Seattle, Slalom has grown organically to over 7,000 employees. Slalom was named one of Fortune’s 100 “Best Companies to Work For” in 2019 and is regularly recognized by employees as a “Best place to Work.”
Slalom’s Intern Experience
Slalom’s Intern experience offers students the opportunity to explore a career in consulting. Our 8-week program provides interns the chance to gain hands-on experience working as part of a client-facing project team. The learning experience continues through a combination of classroom-based training, self-guided learnings, and the ability to network with our market leadership team. Students are also encouraged to participate in company events, community groups, and other internal initiatives during their summer with us.
Business Advisory Services (BAS) Interns
Our Business Advisory Services group enables companies to get the most business value from their processes, technologies, and people. BAS is comprised of three verticals: Strategy & Operations, Organizational Effectiveness, and Delivery Leadership. With the BAS internship, our goal is to give you exposure to our work across these practices, and we hope you’ll take the opportunity to explore, engage, ask questions, and make the experience your own.
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly learn new skills and concepts and bring them to our clients
- Bring new ideas, passion, and energy to your work
- Learn and apply new concepts in a project and team setting
- Develop an understanding of the services the firm delivers
- Build a network within Slalom
- Be comfortable escalating issues when you see them
- Strong leadership skills, including a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth
- Outstanding communication skills with audiences of all levels
- Desire and flexibility to explore new areas and skills, across both technical and business capabilities
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and learn new concepts quickly
- Ability to proactively identify risks, and drive action to mitigate and resolve issues
- Strong analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work independently with little or no supervision
- Proven ability to exercise high degree of confidentiality and objectivity
- Advanced skills and experience in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.