Make a difference every day in the lives of our furry friends with SPCA Westchester!!!
Cody’s Clinic at SPCA Westchester is seeking an outgoing and dedicated veterinary assistant to join our team!
Cody’s Clinic is a state of the art, high-volume, high-quality practice offering low-cost care to those in need while also providing medical care for our Rescue Center’s animals and making a difference in the lives of homeless animals. Our vet assistants help provide excellent care to our patients while providing outstanding customer service to our clients. Prior experience is preferred but not required!
Key responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the veterinarians and technicians in surgeries and treatments.
- Providing post-operative care and follow-up.
- Restraining animals during exams and procedures as needed.
- Cleaning and disinfecting clinic cages and rooms.
- Special projects & other duties as assigned
Desired skills and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills and solid communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good organizational skills and a disciplined approach to daily activities with a sense of ownership and pride in all aspects of the job.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs and be on your feet for long periods of time.
- A strong work ethic in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable transportation, including in inclement weather.
- Punctual and dependable is a must!
Starting Salary: $16.50 an hour
Schedule: Four (4) 10-hour days with rotating weekends
Supplemental Benefits (Life Ins., etc.)
SPCA Westchester is a no-kill, 501(c)3 not-for-profit animal welfare organization dedicated to saving homeless, abused and abandoned animals and to protecting animals from cruelty and neglect through education and enforcement of humane laws.
The SPCA is a growing organization that strives to offer as many competitive benefits as possible to attract talented candidates to join our team of dedicated and mission driven staff members. Your skills and individual talents will make a difference in the lives of homeless animals.
*SPCA Westchester is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.