The Licensed Practical Nurse provides nursing care and services to clients in their place of residence/facility in accordance with the agency’s policies and procedures and under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse. Supports Hospital’s mission to provide the highest quality care by complying with regulatory guidelines, meeting agency standards, and obtaining appropriate certification.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides shift skilled nursing services to Agency clients, in accordance with the NYS Practice Act/LPN Scope of Practice.
- Implements medical orders and established plans of care.
- Follows agency policies and procedures.
- Obtains information from the client/family/nurses and physicians regarding complaints, status of illness, changes in care, change in home environment, problems obtaining services from other sources, problems with supplies and equipment, communicating to the DME, nursing supervisor, director or physician as appropriate.
- Performs medication review and accountability.
- Assists the physician and/or Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures.
- Evaluates the appropriateness, cleanliness, and safety of durable medical equipment, supplies, and/or appliances.
- Assists the client in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
- Documents visit notes, log sheets, medication records, and/or progress notes, to reflect services/client activities/client plan of care, in accordance with NYS DOH and Agency guidelines.
- Obtains Verbal Interim Physicians Orders, when needed.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Participates in the agency’s CQI/PI program as requested
- Attends staff meetings. Participates as a member of committees, as requested.
- Formal education required:
- Diploma from an LPN School of Nursing
- Licensed and currently registered as a Practical Nurse in the State of New York.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required within three (3) months of hire.
Previous experience required:
- Six months of acute pediatrics nursing experience preferred.
- Home care experience preferred.