The Allure Group is Hiring!
We are seeking a bubbly and fun Recreation Leader to work at our skilled nursing facility located in Brooklyn, NY. Our ideal candidate should be creative, talented, and interested in working with elderly patients.
Apply Today! Give yourself an opportunity for professional growth, continuing education and career advancement.
- Full Time, Mon-Fri
- Direct Hire Position
We are looking for a Recreation Aide to become part of our facility’s compassionate care-giving team. We are searching for a dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a vital link between our patients, the nurses and other facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and evaluating the activity programs of this facility.
- Observe resident attendance, mood, behavior, and degree of involvement so that facility activities and resident progress are evaluated, by noting, reporting, and charting resident behavior.
- Participate in community planning related to the interests of the facility and the services and needs of the resident and family.
- Participate in discharge planning, development and implementation of activity care plans and resident assessments.
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity information.
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when possible.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals for the resident.
- Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
- Refer residents/families to appropriate social service personnel when the facility does not provide the services or needs of the resident.
- Assume the authority, responsibility, and accountability of Activity Aide.
- Coordinate activities with other departments as necessary.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to the Activity Director adjustments in activity programs that assure the continued ability to provide daily activities.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing quality assurance program for the activity department.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as necessary.
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the resident’s response to the service.
- Arrange transportation for field trips when necessary.
- Perform administrative requirements, such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submitting such to the Activity Director as required.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed by the Activity Director.
- Experience with the senior population preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Compassionate and able to handle stress
- Music experience preferred
- Art experience preferred