Human Resources Coordinator – Entry Level
The Arc Westchester is a leading social services agency located throughout Westchester County, New York. We provide services to more than 2,000 individuals with IDD (Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities) through a broad range of innovative and effective programs designed to foster independence, productivity, and participation in community life. The Arc Westchester offers a wide spectrum of programs (e.g., Residential, Day Services, Respite) that are tailored to best meet the needs of an individual.
Our Human Resources Department supports over 800 employees, with care and consideration for our staff’s needs. We focus on customer service, detail oriented processes and procedure and safe and consistent best practices. Our goals particularly focus on automation and efficiency coupled with human focused thought leadership.
We are looking for an entry level Human Resources Coordinator to join our HR team.
· Coordinates all areas of recruitment for Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) for the Residential Department.
– Screens and interviews applicants.
– Obtains employment verifications and references.
– Conducts required background checks.
· Conducts new hire orientation and onboarding – virtual and in person.
· Schedules and participates in College & University recruitment, job fairs & any other viable resources for applicants.
– Assists with Employee Activities such as celebrations and employee picnic, etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
· 1 year of relevant HR experience.
– Knowledge of Human Resources Policies, Regulations, and employment laws.
- Medical/Vision & Dental Insurance
- Vacation, Sick, Personal Paid Time Off
- Employer Sponsored Life insurance
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
Monday to Friday – 8:30 – 4:00 pm
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour