The Home Visitor is responsible for providing necessary services to children and their families at the home of the participant to promote overall family wellness.
- Conduct weekly home visits to young children and their families. This may include resource referral, monitoring physical and mental and health status, monitoring home environment and conducting safety and risk assessments
- Provide education and support services to families. Carry out “curriculum” for child development in the context of the home and during group “socialization” experiences.
- Conduct screening and ongoing assessment of children’s development.
- Collaborate with families to establish family development goals and document this collaborative process in family partnership agreements.
- Act as liaison and advocate between community resources and families and escort family when appropriate to and from community resources or other activities.
- Utilize data management systems to complete required documentation of necessary data
- Works in cooperation with staff to schedule disabilities and/or mental health appointments for children and parents as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Home Visitor Child Development Associate or equivalent coursework; 1 year of experience.
- Bilingual Bengali required; OR
- Bilingual Spanish required
- Knowledge in one of the following: child safety, nutrition, child health, family dynamics, and adult learning principles.
- Experience in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, and working with infants, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Ability to motivate people and work in diverse and challenging situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prioritize, adhere to timelines and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.