The Substitute Teacher is responsible for helping and supporting the teacher and assistant teacher in the creation of a responsive, age appropriate experience that foster the physical, social, emotional and intellectual growth of the children. ______________________________________________________________________
- Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of the Head Start Performance Standards and the component plans; and thorough knowledge and application of Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- Assist in facilitating activities of the children, including: daily activities, field trips, selecting and arranging equipment and materials in the classroom
- Collaborate with other staff and classroom team members to maintain the function of classroom, focused on meeting the needs of children both collect and individual
- Assist in maintaining a safe and healthy classroom environment. Assure that classroom equipment, furniture, materials, and supplies are properly maintained and stored;
- Assist in conducting daily health checklist and monthly environment checklist.
- Assist in assuring that files are complete, accurate, and confidentially is maintained.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Assist in the management of the overall direction, and evaluation of the classroom in accordance with the federal, state, locals’ requirements as well as agency policies and applicable laws.
- Associate’s (AA or AS) degree in Early Childhood Education or related field or a High School Diploma or GED with an age appropriate Child Development Associates (CDA) Credential or in the process of obtaining their CDA.
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual in one or more of the following: Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali and others, may be required depending on client needs.